The Brother Intellifax 4100e is a common multi-function printer in many offices. We have found several issues regarding the drum unit and toner cartridge could be easily addressed in a video format to save our customers time and money. This videos will help you replace your toner cartridge and show you how to clean it (which may help stop your printer for adding streaks to your documents). You can find the drum unit shown in the videos below here, the toner cartridge here, and a more affordable aftermarket cartridge here.
How to remove your toner cartridge and drum unit:
- Start by opening the front cover on your Intellifax 4100e.
- Next, you will grab the cartridge by the handle, and pull up and out.
How to separate your toner cartridge and drum unit:
- Find and press the blue lever on the side of your cartridge.
- Lift up on the handle while continuing to hold the blue lever.
- Observe the drum unit still has the blue lever, while the toner unit does not.
How to unite your toner and drum unit:
- Notice the slots on each side of the drum unit.
- Align the tabs on the side of the toner cartridge with the slots.
- Allow the toner to slide into the drum unit until you hear a click.
How to clean your Corona Wire:
- Slide the blue tab back and forth across the drum unit.
The Corona Wire, when dirty, can cause streaks across your paper. Cleaning it yourself can save you a call to the repair man and save you money. You should clean the Corona Wire whenever you replace the toner.
How to replace your drum unit and toner cartridge:
- With the front panel open, notice the tabs on each side of the cartridge chamber.
- Align pins on both sides of the drum unit with the top of the tabs.
- Slide cartridge in until it snaps into place.
- Replace the door.
When you replace the drum unit, you will need to reset the drum counter. That’s all there is to replacing your Intellifax 4100e cartridge!